Malaysia

I have chest pain. is above my breast, left side and only feel the pain when i take deep breath. it happen on and off. worry.?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Many possibilities: Chest pain with deep breaths can be due to a number of causes, including costochondritis (a rib/cartilage pain, a rib fracture, muscular strain, a pneumothorax (partially collapsed lung), any number of lung diseases, and even heart disease. Although costochondritis is common, be sure to see your doctor to rule out other more serious causes, or the er if severe pain or short of breath.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 47 years experience
Musculoskeletal pain: Most probably musculoskeletal pain. However this needs full evaluation with your doctor, if pain persists.
Dr. David Cislowski
Cardiology 49 years experience
Pleurisy: Usually a pain that occurs with a deep breath is a sign of irritation of the tissues in the chest. Often, irritation of the internal lining of the chest (pleura) can feel like pain when the tissues become more irritated. Just a deep breath can cause the tissues to rub. An injury to the ribs of muscles can do this too. Get it checked out.
Last updated Jun 12, 2020