Canada

varicose vein surgery years ago he accidentally bump his leg & since then it formed a bump & reatains water the dr injects and drain .is there a fix ?

Dr. Tracy Berg
General Surgery 32 years experience
Fix available: If the lump is persisting despite needle drainage, an ulrasound of the lump and the veins looking for veinous insufficiency may reveal a more treatable diagnosis.
Dr. James White
Cosmetic Surgery 31 years experience
Venous Stasis: End stage venous stasis disease involves stagnation of the venous blood flow. This results in a pooling of blood in the lower extremities. Iron is deposited into the skin resulting in brown staining of the skin resulting in breakdown of the skin to frank ulceration. The retained water is most likely serous fluid related to build up. Compression therapy is very helpful along with laser closure.