can boxing cause bone cancer?

Pathology 49 years experience
Not likely: There is no evidence linking boxing to bone cancer. It is associated with brain injury, movement diorders and dementia.
Pathology 44 years experience
No: Amateur boxing is a wholesome, surprisingly safe sport especially kids born into difficult situations. I'm a ringside physician; the risks of boxing are mechanical sports injuries from the moves, and the dangers of head injury which in the amateur boxing community we do a tremendous amount to keep from happening. A boxer may develop myositis ossificans which mimics a bone-containing cancer.
Dr. James Okamoto
No: As a certified ringside physician, I have trained with and worked with many amateur and professional boxers over the last 15 yrs, and thankfully none of them have had bone cancer! Bone fractures yes, but not bone cancer! This does not mean boxers cannot develop bone cancer, but the cancer has nothing to do with the fact that they are boxers. Hope that answers your question!