Rockwall, TX

I am a 49 year old female with high blood pressure and additionally i ve recently been diagnosed as having iron dificent anemia i take 5 mg of ramipril in the mornings 12 5 mg of toperlol in the evenings for hbp additionally i ve started taking iron vitam

Dr. Vance Harris
Additional iron supp: Your doctor can make sure that your blood pressure is controlled. If you have a mild iron deficiency you may need to take an iron supplement by itself. Most vitamins do not have enough iron in them so pick up something like ferrous gluconate over-the-counter and take that twice-daily. Check with your dr. To make sure that is okay.
Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 48 years experience
Iron def anemia: I would ask your physician (p) why you have iron (i) def anemia. You may be in menopause and, if so, why are you low on i? Do you eat a diet with little or no i? Do you have an occult loss of blood? You blood pressure medicines have nothing to do with your anemia. If your BP is well controlled, discuss your anemia and how to find its cause with your p. I would also take iron tabs with all meals.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014