U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 44-year-old member asked:

I have had constant lower back pain but can't afford time off work to see anyone. should i just file workmans comp?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 41 years experience
Only if job injury: A claim can be filed if there was a job related injury as the source of your back pain. You ahould check with your state's worker compensation board or an attorney who specializes in this area for further information about such a claim.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.