U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old male asked:

How do i cure my allergy, suffering from allergic rhinitis for the last 10 yrs, with high eosinophil count constantly. i get bouts 2-3 times a week?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Long term affliction: The 3 primary approaches to allergy are: avoid -find out what & avoid, supress:use allergy med to reduce sx & retrain: use allergy shots to retrain your system not to react to offending agents. Allergy testing can give you an idea about your triggers & an allergist can advise you on allergy shots. Many otc allergy meds are available. If you smoke or have other irritant exposures they must also be.
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Agree with Dr. F: If allergy medications are not sufficient to control your symptoms, consider getting desensitization injections. It will take weekly injection for months, if not years. Have a healthy diet, exercise 30 minutes/day, drink plenty of water, have safe sex, no tobacco alcohol weed or street drugs. For nutrition: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/.
Last updated May 4, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.