U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Lakeville, MN
A 30-year-old male asked:

Male infertility runs in my family. is it possible to be tested prior to trying to have a baby?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alan Patterson
Obstetrics and Gynecology 43 years experience
Yes: Get a semen analysis at an infertilty office not a lab because an infertilty sub specilaist will have certified andrologist on staff to properly analyze the specimen.
Dr. John Tramont
Obstetrics and Gynecology 30 years experience
Yes: Your doc should be able to order a semen analysis.
Last updated Aug 28, 2012


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.