I have had a recurring sore throat for the past 6-8 months. my lymph nodes do not get tender or swollen but i feel less energetic. is it pharingytis?

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 62 years experience
GERD: It is not usual to have a persistent sore throat for 6-8months that is of infectious etiology. A common cause of recurrent sore throats in adults is reflux of acid from the stomach, now called LPR (laryngo-pharyngo- reflux. This common problem is characterized by recurrent sore throats, cough, and voice changes. See an ENT or GI doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 13, 2015