U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old member asked:

How can i help my brother get over his addiction to morphine?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Teicheira
Pain Management 37 years experience
With help/commitment: Big question. Is he asking for help, or not? Is he saying "i should quit" or "i want to quit"? Should is a word that sounds like "i need to..." but really means"...But i'm not".Is this your idea or his?Nowadays, morphine is not a street addiction, it's usually medical. Have him talk to his doc. Street addictions are usually oxy-/hydrocodone. Narc-anon is another place to start if no md can help.
Last updated Dec 26, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.