United Kingdom (Great Britain)

I have adult onset stills, my esr is now normal, but i still have chronic muscle and joint pain, shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees, ankles. why?

Dr. Michael Ekizian
21 years experience
Disease pattern: The clinical course of ASD can be divided into three main patterns: monophasic, intermittent, and chronic. Involvement of the shoulders or hips is a predictor of possible chronic disease. The principal options for treatment are nsaids, glucocorticoids, biologic agents, and disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs. The majority of patients eventually require treatment with glucocorticoids.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. E. James Bodmer
Podiatry 45 years experience
R.A is not localized: Your question is about rheumatoid arthritis. Still's disease is juvenile R.A. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease. It is not limited to one are of of the body. It will affect multiple joints of the body causing inflammation to the knees, shoulders, hips, feet and hands. R.A. May be diagnosed initially in the feet with x-rays. See a rheumatologist for evaluation and treatment.
Last updated Sep 5, 2016