India

Both knee pain since 1.5 yr. mri ok.now left hand elbow and finger joints burning.ra factor8.6iu/ml.esr/rpr/aso/crp/uric acid normal.possible reasons?

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Hospital-based practice 22 years experience
Unclear polyarthriti: The RF (Rheumatoid factor) assay -which is, I assume the "RA factor"- varies widely from lab to lab, so I am not sure if 8.6 IU/mL is in the reference range or not (the lab should give both the result and the ref range). It's best to talk to a rheumatologist about your symptoms. It sounds complex. There are forms of arthritis which don't show up on blood tests (seronegative); you may have 1 of tho
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 5, 2015