do battery toothbrushes work better than regular?

2 doctor answers
Dr. James Beck
10 years experience Dentistry
Depends: Any toothbrush that you use 3 times a day is the best toothbrush. Having said that, phillips sonicare power toothbrush is the best electric toothbrush on the market. The ultrasonic technology is amazing. I use one myself once a day and use my regular toothbrush the other two times.
Answered on Nov 12, 2014
2
Dr. Gary Chapman
34 years experience Orthodontics
Studies say no: A properly used toothbrush will perform equally good as an electric brush. That being said, an electric toothbrush aimed properly is likely easier to use for some patients, especially those with dexterity problems. A good three minute brush, 2-3 times a day, that covers all of the tooth surfaces and the gums is sufficient. There is no magic in an electric toothbrush, it is about aiming properl.
Answered on Feb 15, 2013