does a sonicare toothbrush work better than a manual toothbrush?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Louis Gallia
44 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Yes: Yes, when used properly.
Answered on Apr 4, 2015
1
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
Recommended: The latest study demonstrates that long term use of Sonicare toothbrush improves periodontal health in adult periodontitis and gingivitis. Dentists recommend the Sonicare toothbrush to keep your teeth and gums plaque-free and healthy.
Answered on Apr 4, 2015
2
2 comments
1
Dr. William Jakavick
36 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
One of the most frequent mistakes made however is people tend to treat the electric toothbrushes like a manual toothbrush and tend to brush and scrub with them. Do not do this simply place it on the tooth and with gentle motion let the toothbrush doo the work for you. They are great for patients with dexterity problems.
Apr 4, 2015
Dr. William Jakavick
36 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Most of the frontline electric toothbrushes now have sonic feature which helps to better disturb the biofilm and make the plaque and bacteria easier to remove
Apr 4, 2015
Dr. Hilary Baskin
27 years experience Orthodontics
Yes: clinical studies show a dramatic improvement in overall oral health. We highly recommend using either sonicare or oral-B
Answered on May 17, 2015