can the ionic toothbrush really work?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
All toothbrushes: All toothbrushes work. Just like your hands work at cleaning your body when you take a bath or shower or wash them in the sink. It's more how you use it than some special "magic" or "gimmick" or special ability. That's just my personal view on this subject. All you need is a simple manual toothbrush. I like the oral-b myself. Others recommend the sonicare. The "ionic" ? The supersonic? Hmm.
Answered on Jan 26, 2014
Dr. Don Millner
42 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Snake oil!: I have not seen a study or a juried scientific article that shows an "ionic" brush imparts any special cleaning effects. Don't waste your money!
Answered on Apr 9, 2016
1