U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Hallandale, FL
A 32-year-old male asked:

What can i do to prevent hair loss? rogaine (minoxidil) is 1 option, but it doesn't protect the front area. is there nothing better than rogaine (minoxidil) in 2012?!

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Family Medicine 35 years experience
Propecia (finasteride): Propecia (finasteride) is a medication you can take to prevent hair loss. You will need to visit your doctor as it is prescription only to see if it is right for you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 25, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.