is cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) a common drug used?

Dr. Christian Schultheis
Hematology and Oncology 24 years experience
Yes: Used in breast cancer, lymphomas, sometimes myeloma, occasionally ovarian cancer. Probably one of the most common chemotherapy drugs used.
Dr. Michael Engel
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology 20 years experience
Yes, cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) is: A widely used drug, both in the oncology setting and to regulate immune system dysfunction by many subspecialists. It belongs to a class of drugs known as oxazophosphorines and acts as an alkylating agent. It should be used with caution. P characteristic side effect is hemorrhagic cystitis when given at high doses, and also carries a risk of secondary malignancies, especially myeloid leukemia.