U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old member asked:

Is it possible to have a miscarriage without bleeding but just massive contraction like labor pains for days?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alan Patterson
Obstetrics and Gynecology 43 years experience
NO: If you have documented non viable tissue inside your uterus it needs to come out and you will have some bleeding, your sxs are not normal and you need to see your obgyn or go to the er if you do not have one so they can do an exam , blood work and an ultrasound to start out.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 25, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.