Is going to a chiropractor for adjustments dangerous? My chiro days he dies gentle adjustments but I read u can risk stroke, the treatments have helped my neck pain greatly though

Dr. Will Moorehead
51 years experience in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
No: Chiropractic medical treatment can be very beneficial. It is very effective in conservative treatment of facet sydrome. Studies have shown that short term treatment to as effective & in some cases more effective than physical therapy for back pain. If there is disc herniation with compression of a nerve root, then adjustments may be counter intuitive.
Answered on Mar 12, 2016
7