what is the recovery time for bacterial contagious pinkeye treated with antibiotic eye drops?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Pinkeye: Most pinkeye is due to viral infection. The 40 or so viruses which can cause this have a symptom cycle of 3 to 10 days of activity until recovery except for the several that cause corneal immune deposits which can last longer. Antibiotic eyedrops do not treat viral disease but merely prevent secondary bacterial invasion. They do not alter the time cycle of the viral infection.
Dr. Jay Bradley
LASIK Surgery 18 years experience
Bacterial disease: This usually improves within 24 hours and resolves completely oner 3-5 days. Time to resolution depends on the severity and causative organism though.