U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old member asked:

The cyst on my vaginal area is it contagious can it go away? is it a bad disease?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. PAUL EUNanswered
Obstetrics and Gynecology 40 years experience
Depends: Cysts can come and go at times. You should see your gynecologist to determine the nature of your problem and proper management.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 59 years experience
Bartholin Cyst: You have swelling of batholin cyst.Bartholin glands are located in the labia on both sides and some time a cyst forms in it and shows as a swelling in that area, lot of time it may clear by itself as it is due to the blockage of the Bartholin's duct.Some times it gets infected and is painful you should see your gynecologist to check it out.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 46-year-old female asked:
I have a cyst in vaginal area and it as bust?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 27-year-old member asked:
Can I get cyst on my vaginal area?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Jul 7, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.