United Kingdom (Great Britain)

find blood in my saliva every morning soon as i wakeup?

Dr. Richard Leaderman
Dentistry 49 years experience
Inflamed Gums : You should see you dentist. You most likely have periodontal disease. It's important to have it checked out. There could be other problems that you are not aware of.
Dr. Poolak Zand
Dentistry 15 years experience
Gum disease: It could be a sign of gum disease known as periodontitis. Bleeding gums is a reaction to inflammation caused by a buildup of plaque and tartar on your teeth over months and years. It's a good idea to have a full check up with your dentist. You may need a deep cleaning to remove the cause of the bleeding and get your gums back to healthy.
Dr. Stanley Lin
Dentistry 17 years experience
Gum disease: It is possible that the bleeding is coming from your gums. Inflammation on the gums can cause the gums to bleed easily. The gums might look "puffy" and more red as opposed to a healthy pink color. It would be best to visit your dentist to check if you have gum disease or other problems that need to be address.
Dr. Ragan Faler
Dentistry 24 years experience
Gum disease: This is a classic sign of a gum infection. I'd recommend you seek a periodontist for an examination.
Dr. Steven Bender
Dentistry 35 years experience
Gingival bleeding: This may be indicative of gum problems or gingivitis. I recommend a dental examination.
Dr. Dennis Kelley
Dentistry 40 years experience
Probably gingivitis: Since it happens every morning we can eliminate post extraction bleeding ..... Which leaves gum irritation or infection as the most likely cause. You need to see your dentist to be evaluated for and treated for possible periodontal disease. (infected gums).
Dr. Thomas Davis
Dentistry 36 years experience
Concern: It is not normal to find blood in your mouth. Possible causes could be blood thinners, systemic disease ( see your medical doctor for blood work and a medical physical) or even periodontal (gum) disease. Please get this evaluated as soon as possible.
Dr. Jeffrey Levin
Dentistry 46 years experience
Periodontal disease: If it only is noted in the morning upon awakening it may be a sign of periodontal disease. See your dentist for evaluation.
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry 38 years experience
Periodontal disease: I would see a dentist and have your gums checked because this is a major contributor of blood in your saliva.
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry 33 years experience
Perio, grinding...: It could be related to periodontal disease. It could stem from grinding during the night. There are some other possibilities... Suggest you see a dentist , preferably one with some advanced bite equilibration training soon. Have them check and get a velscope test as well.
Dr. Keith Hudson
Dentistry 33 years experience
Gum disease: Periodontitis is what it called. You need to seek dental care. A saliva test can be done for definitive diagnosis.
Dr. Gary Alder
Dentistry 47 years experience
Infection: Bleeding gums is a common feature of infection of the gums. Consultation with your dentist is advised.
Dr. Jeffrey Dalin
Dentistry 41 years experience
Call your dentist: Go into your dentist for an examination. You will need your gums examined to make sure this is not a gum issue. If all checks out there, then it will be off to your medical doctor to have other areas evaluated.
Dr. Simon Rosenberg
Dentistry 46 years experience
Periodontal Disease: Blood in saliva is commonly due to periodontal disease (of the gums.) the bacteria on the teeth around the gums continue to digest the food dissolved in your saliva for hours. Their waster products are toxic to the epithelial covering of the gum and can cause them to bleed easily. A thorough dental exam with x-rays, gum pocket depth probing and dental charting will tell what is the best treatment.
Dr. Abel Loredo
Dentistry 37 years experience
Gum Disease: First sign of gum disease is something as simple as blood in your toothbrush. Most people ignore this because there is usually no pain associated with gum disease until it is on the advance stage. Tooth movement or drifting creating gaps between teeth, gum recession and bad breath are also signs of the disease. The only way to diagnose it is to have a full periodontal examination by a dentist.