i wake up every morning with some blood in my saliva.i usually brush my teeth before going to bed& i spit some blood while brushing.is it gum disease.?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
39 years experience Geriatrics
Oral bleeding: Stop all Aspirin like medicines like Motrin ( ibuprofen) aleve, (naproxen) advil and all anticoagulants. Go to the dentist to rule out gingivitis. Go to a dr to check your coagulation ( pt/ptt, cbc, liver and &kidney function). Check to see if you are coughing blood or phlegm with blood, or if you have stomach aches go to dr. Soon.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
1
Dr. Glenn Kaye
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
It's possible.: It may be gingivitis. You should have your mouth examined by an ENT or dentist to be sure.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
7
Dr. John Kong
Dr. John Kong answered
17 years experience Dentistry
Probably: Bleeding gums is one of the signs of gum disease. If the bleeding occurs with normal brushing on a consistent basis and you're waking up with bloody saliva in the mouth every morning, that is not normal. I would seek out a local dentist or periodontist for a consultation.
Answered on Sep 1, 2015
5
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
42 years experience Dentistry
A Symptom!: Gums that bleed during proper brushing and flossing is a common symptom of gum disease. You will need a comprehensive oral exam, including x-rays by a dentist to properly diagnose your gum condition and propose an appropriate treatment plan. I would seek professional help. There are other systemic diseases that can also cause bleeding gums, but they are far more rare and your dentist is stop #1!
Answered on Sep 1, 2015