I just had hemmorhoid surgery and i have swelling around my anus. looks like new hemmorhoids or prolapse?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Colon and Rectal Surgery 42 years experience
Not so: Most likely this is swelling or edema due to the surgery. This will go away in a few days if you follow your surgeons instructions and take baths as recommended.
Dr. Jarrod Kaufman
General Surgery 29 years experience
Swelling: In the immediate post op period it swelling can be seen as a result of the surgery. Follow up with the surgeon and have them explain the normal post op course and expectations based on your condition and findings at the time of surgery

Last updated Apr 14, 2015