Bridgewater, NJ

grade 2 cystocele and rectocele grade 1-2 uterine prolapse. no sensation of heaviness etc would you repair while doing sling for stress incontenence?

Dr. Phil Chen
Need to see a doctor: You should consult your ob/gyn doctor or colorectal surgon and see which procedure is best for your condition.
Dr. J. Kyle Mathews
Urogynecology 33 years experience
Probable not: If you are currently asymptomatic, i would probably not recommend repairing the cystocele or rectocele providing they are not causing any issues. That said, a number of factors go into determining whether to have surgery or not. I would suggest you discuss your options with your physician and follow their recommendation.
Dr. Michael Hulse
Gynecology 27 years experience
Not necessarily: Repair of a cystocele or rectocele is not usually indicated unless their are symptoms. Many women have grade 1-2 prolapse that is asymptomatic. Their are risks involved with any surgery that you may choose to have performed. It would be important to consider risks vs benefits. If symptoms worsen then the surgery could be performed in the future if needed. Need to discuss with your surgeon.
Dr. Mary Denman
Gynecology 24 years experience
No: If you are not having symptoms, and your doctor does not think there is significant prolapse to affect the performance of the sling procedure, then there is no reason for extensive surgery.
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology 23 years experience
Depends: Depends. In some instance, i would repair both and some not. There are many other factors that would go into deciding this. I would go by the recommendations of your physician. It never hurts to get a second opinion if you are concerned.
Dr. John Fung
Dr. John Fung commented
General Surgery 39 years experience
Bad picture selection, since this is a female problem! ;-)
Apr 23, 2014
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology 23 years experience
Provided original answer
Interesting.... since I did not select the picture. I agree poor picture
Jul 30, 2014