U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old member asked:

I've been feeling rather lonely and depressed lately and this is causing me to have suicidal thoughts. where can i go to get help?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Vance Harris
Family Medicine 36 years experience
Get help.: I always take people seriously when they say they are having suicidal thoughts. If you feel you may act on those thoughts then call the suicide helpline or go to the emergency room. If the thoughts are there that you don't feel you are likely to act on them then make an appointment to see a doctor right away. Your dr. Can help you or will refer you to a specialist who will be of help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 32-year-old member asked:
How come I have random depression and random suicidal thoughts and feeling?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
Can anti-depression medications cause suicidal thoughts?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Nov 15, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.