A 30-year-old member asked:

I have a slipped disk hernia, from whom will i get help?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Praveen Prasad
Neurosurgery 45 years experience
Start with family MD: Since most people get better without surgery, start with your primary care doctor who might prescribe modification of activities, medicines, physiotherapy, anti-inflammatories, and possibly cortisone injections in the spine. If you remain symptomatic despite all that, your doctor may send you to a neurosurgeon, but that is not the first place to start...Again, because most don't need surgery.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 47-year-old member asked:
Is it possible to get a hernia from dancing the wrong way?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
Could hiatal hernia get smaller?
2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
A female asked:
Can you get pregnant with a hernia?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 50-year-old female asked:
Can i get a colonic if i have a hernia?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 29-year-old member asked:
Can you get over a hernia without surgery?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Feb 8, 2014

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.