has anyone ever had botched surgery for a drooping eyelid?

Dr. Matheson Harris
Ophthalmology 16 years experience
I can happen: Since the dawn of surgery, every type of surgery has been botched in one form or another by someone. These days, if you seek out a board certified ophthalmologist trained in oculoplastic surgery, you'll have the most qualified eyelid surgeon. Look for a member of asoprs at asoprs.Org. They are trained in fellowship with rigorous standards and have been approved by their peers as qualified.
Dr. Barry Press
Plastic Surgery 44 years experience
All surgery has...: Complications. Surgery for ptosis (drooping of the eyelid(s) is no different. Complications from this operation are very rare but possible. It is important to understand the pros and cons of any type of surgery before proceeding...And remember, results in surgery cannot be guaranteed; a suboptimal result does not necessarily mean the operation was "botched.".
Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 24 years experience
Eyelid surgery: Correcting drooping eyelids is a safe procedure in experienced hands Your best bet would be to have your eyes evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon.