U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old member asked:

Why do i have a problem from a corneal abrasion?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Steven Hill
Family Medicine 25 years experience
Trauma: Trauma to the outside surface of the eye - takes time to heal. Usually caused by foreign body.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Similar questions

A 42-year-old member asked:

I have a corneal abrasion, what should I do?

10 doctor answers12 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 35 years experience
Doctor can check eye: A very mild corneal abrasion can be cared for by a primary care doctor. If one's symptoms are worse than just mild, an ophthalmologist can evaluate and treat the abrasion. Generally, the doctor will prescribe some antibiotic eye drops to use for a couple of days, and the doctor may patch the eye so one won't move the eyeball around as much. Contact lens should not be worn until the eye is well.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 40-year-old member asked:
Corneal abrasion recovery time?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old member asked:
What can cause a corneal abrasion?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 54-year-old member asked:
How do people treat corneal abrasion?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
What are the tests for corneal abrasion?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 39-year-old member asked:
How do I know if I have a corneal abrasion?
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jul 1, 2012
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.