how do people treat corneal abrasion?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Pain relief ,etc.: A corneal abrasion, a loss of the superficial skin over the clear window at the front of the eye, is usually quite painful. After confirming that is the diagnosis, and there are no other problems, you might be treated with topical antibiotics, pain relieving medication and some will apply a therapeutic contact lens or even patch the eye to relieve it. Healing is usually rapid in 1-2 days.
Dr. Kenneth Miller
Ophthalmology 54 years experience
Get comfortable: Antibiotic drops and if large or very uncomfortable a bandage or soft contact lens for one or two days. Follow up to be certain no infection, especially if occurred in garden. Remove contact in 1-2 days.