Has anyone ever had radiesse (dermal fillers) injected into their skin to help hide a scar?

Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 31 years experience
Radiesse (dermal fillers) for scars: Radiesse (dermal fillers) has been used successfully to smooth out depressed scars and make them less evident. It will not make the scar "disappear". If you have a prominent or red scar, a dermal filler like Radiesse (dermal fillers) would not be the modality to use to improve the look of it. Ipl/bbl, laser resurfacing and/or surgical scar revision are better.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. H. william Song
aesthetic Medicine 31 years experience
Yes: I use Radiesse (dermal fillers) or a hyaluronic acid filler to improve the appearance of scars. Each scar will need to be evaluated to determine if it is a candidate for treatment with fillers and which type of filler would work best. I often use a combination of laser resurfacing and steroids fillers to treat scars. Multiple sessions are usually required.
Last updated Jun 30, 2014