Skowhegan, ME

I called my gyn for my pap results. talked to the receptionist. scheduled a colposcopy. what does this mean?

Dr. Kevin Olson
Closer look: Colposcopy is very similar to a pap exam. The colposcooe is a magnifying machine, used from the out side, to get a better look at the female cervix. There is posibly some areas of the cervix that can be missed on routine pap.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Brian Nguyen
Prevent cancer!: It's VERY important to get a colposcopy if your pap is abnormal. A colposcopy is a speculum exam where special stains and magnifying lenses are used to look for pre-cancers on your cervix. If there are abnormalities, your GYN will take a biopsy, which is uncomfortable, but lasts
Last updated Jan 21, 2017