North Miami, FL

is to much sleep bad?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine 73 years experience
Probably not: All depends on why you sleep a lot. If it is because of abnormal fatigue, get help. There is a statisstical relationship between under 6 and over 8 hours of sleep with shortened life span.
Dr. Ravi Chand
Sleep: Most studies show sleep requirement is between 6 to 8 hours, more or less causes morbidity or mortality as long as you average this amount and feel refreshed you should be fine.
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Yes: Just as too little sleep is bad for you, too much sleep can be bad for you as well. At your age 9 1/4 hours of sleep are recommended. I am including a link you may be interested in: sleep for teenagers - national sleep foundation www.Sleepfoundation.Org/article/sleep-topics/teens-and-sleep‎.