CT

I took ambien (zolpidem) earlier to sleep but was woken up with excurtiating cramps i have 800 mg ibuprofen is it safe to take one ?

Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine 37 years experience
Depends: Anytime pain wake you up its a good idea to get evaluated by MD.s Normally there is no interaction with ambien (zolpidem) and ibuprofen but what are you taking it for? The pain and cramp is happening for a reason and the motrin will only decrease the bodies ability to alert you. I would see your MD if this pain is still present
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Natalie Sieb
Yes: Yes, there should not be a major interaction between the Ambien (zolpidem) you took and the ibuprofen. You could try a heating pad as well. I hope your cramps are better!
Last updated Aug 5, 2016