Iraq

Is it ok to give my 39 day baby fenistil dropps and for how long becausd she dont sleep at all?

Dr. Rodney Pollary
Sleeping baby: I would not use the allergy drops. Babies sometimes take a long time to adapt to sleep routines. Here are some tips: Let baby sleep in their own room, use a white noise such as a humidifier, keep the room dark, give a calming bath before bed, try not to let the bottle or breast out the baby to sleep. Feed more often in the day. Don't over feed before bed. Some crying is okay. good luck.
Dr. Rhonda Simons
No: Babies that age are programmed to breast feed about every 2-3 hours, or formula feed every 3-4 hours. Don't expect to get much sleep during the first 3-4,months or so. Encourage Dad to help change and feed by pumping breast milk for night-time use. No reason for both of you to be exhausted. Sorry--it just comes with the territory. Make sure they are fed, dry, and comfortable. NO MEDS needed!
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Specializes in Gynecology
If you want to breastfeed through the night, by far the best way to do it that allows you to get the most sleep is for baby to sleep with you. Don't believe the ridiculous idea that this is somehow dangerous.
Oct 5, 2015
Last updated Mar 13, 2021