U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Lynn, MA
A 34-year-old male asked:

I hit the top of my head then heard a crack in back of my head near my neck it hurts like a headache in back of my head what could this be?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 61 years experience
Get an Xray!!: As soon as possible!! You need to visit one of the urgent care facilities (North Shore Hospital?) and get an xray of your cervical spine with "ODONTOID VIEWS!!!!! Write this down and take it with you! Go NOW Hope this helps...! Dr Z
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 12, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.