my 12y son had a 103+ fever, been on tylenol (acetaminophen) for 34h, zmax for 8h w/tepid bath, cool rags on neck/forehead,still 101 temp 10h no urine w/2l liquid in?

Dr. William Scott
Specializes in General Practice
Fever: Fever can be scary in a kid. Causes are most likely viral and influenza is the star culprit. My rule is if conservative treatment fails, go back to see your doctor. He or she saw the child at presentation and will have a much better idea of what's going after 72 hours.
Dr. Christopher Smith
High temp: need more information: cough,sorethroat,headache,nausea/vomiting or diarrhea, how many days he has been sick does he have any rashes----has anyone else been sick in the family?----bottom line is that he needs to be seen in the ER ASAP