U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Owensboro, KY
A 72-year-old female asked:

I am holding fluids while taking neurontin. i am taking tribenzor (amlodipine and hydrochlorothiazide and olmesartan) to keep fluid retention down. i have hypertension problems. what to do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 49 years experience
BP problems & fluid: You should be seen by a physician (P) for a complete work up to find the cause of your edema (E). You could start with the P who prescribed your Neurontin (gabapentin). At your age, you could have some cardiac and/or renal problems that could be the cause of your E, among others. See P and get an answer and a treatment plan. Good luck.
Last updated Dec 31, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.