OH

Doctor gave me metamucil for my bowel problems and it is giving me cramps. is that normal? metamucil works better for me than benefiber. help?

Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
The bowel problem: It is more likely that the bowel problem is the cause of the cramping rather than the Metamucil which doesn't usually cause this. Some patients find that Miralax (polyethylene glycol) works better for them. If you continue having problems, get back to the gastroenterologist. Hope you feel better soon.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 22, 2014