FL

I pushed a bump on my face, and i felt a pop under my skin. now the area is sensitive to touch. what happened, and what do i do?

Dr. Cody Mead
Oops: Think of it as "popping a zit," but in the wrong direction. The pus was likely released into the surrounding tissue. Your body will form an inflammatory response to that over the next few days. You can help by placing ice over the area for short amounts of time several times a day. It should eventually clear on its own. If it becomes worse over the next week, go see your doctor.

Last updated Dec 20, 2014