Philadelphia, PA

Hello, i have what looks to be a pimple just above my lip. it appears to have a white head. it is a little sore. i do have cystic acne and get pimples on my face. i'm writing you to find out if it is just a pimple or whether it could be a cold sore. i d

Dr. Yash Khanna
MOST LIKELY COLD SOR: The location and description is more suggestive of a cold sore.Having said that it is very difficult to say with certainty what it is without looking at it.If you are concerned about it get it checked by your doctor
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Patrick Kohlitz
Most likely acne: Given your history and the fact that the lip lesion has a white head this is most probably acne. Cold sores usually present on the lips during times of stress and appear more crusted almost like a common scab.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017