San Antonio, TX

I had severe rightsided facial pain with upper toothache. mri of head shows hypoplastic left maxillary sinus. did this cause my pain and what is it?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Hypoplasia: Incomplete development or underdevelopment of an organ or tissue. That's what hypoplasia is. It is doubtful that is would cause severe pain, especially on the opposite side of your face. Did you get your teeth thoroughly examined? If not, now is the time to do so.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
See OFP expert: Orofacial Pain provides diagnosis and management of pain in the face, mouth (gums, teeth, tongue, etc), TMJ, head, as well as, associated headaches and neck pain. They are the experts in this field. Good luck.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
No: The hypoplastic sinus is unrelated to your pain. Could be TMJ or a dental abscess. See oral surgeon for diagnosis. If TMJ, see TMJ expert.

Last updated Apr 21, 2016