U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
San Antonio, TX
A 21-year-old female asked:

I need to get surgery to get rid of two small, black dots in the back of my sclera. they have increased in size, and since they came, my eyes have been hurting. can you tell me the name of surgery or procedure that i heard of that will get rid of the smal

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Sadiqa Stelzner
Ophthalmology 30 years experience
Nevus: It's called conjunctival nevus or melanosis. it's most likely not on the back of sclera but on the conjunctiva which covers the sclera. It's similar to birth mark or mole on the skin. It can excised, pls consult ophthalmologist for options. these are some links: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17972544 http://eyewiki.org/Conjunctival_Melanocytic_Tumors
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 22, 2017
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.