i had eye floaters after i collided with my friend in school. its bout 3 and half yrs now. so how do i get rid of this floaters ? without surgery.

Dr. Jeffrey Kalt
Ophthalmology 34 years experience
Vitreous floaters: Floaters are caused by changes in the vitreous gel of the eye usually due to aging, but sometimes due to trauma as in your case. New floaters, especially those associated with light flashes need to be evaluated right away in order to make sure there is no retinal tear or detachment. Floaters that have been stable for 3 years are most likely not problematic, despite being annoying.
Dr. Keshav Narain
Retinal Surgery 29 years experience
Difficult: Sometimes, ophthalmologists can use a yag laser to zap a floater or two. For larger more dense floaters, surgery could be used but carries risk of cataract (clouding of your natural lens) and infection. At your age, i would recommend waiting to see if the floaters clear.
Dr. Jonathan Levin
Ophthalmology 14 years experience
No good way: Unfortunately there is no good way to get rid of floaters without surgery. When your eye doctor looks inside your eye, he/she will always see the floaters, but your brain hopefully learns to ignore them after time. There are a few doctors who will try to remove them with laser. Someday, you may be able to get a shot in your eye to remove them. But without surgery to remove them, no good way.
Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
Floaters: Floaters are caused by the vitreous (jelly in the eye) detaching from the retina (typically a normal change in the aging eye). The vitreous clumps up or develops blurry areas within the jelly causing your floater. If when the vitreous changes, causing floaters, if the retina is torn you are at risk for a retinal detachment. You should have an examination. Tx: time, and possibly surgery.