West Chester, PA

Can i take valerian root at night before bed while taking 25mg zoloft (sertraline) daily? is it safe? or are there interactions?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Be careful: As you say you'd be taking the Valerian at bedtime, the fact that the combo can cause drowsiness, inability to concentrate and dizziness may not be too disturbing - but it can also increase a risk of respiratory depression - so if you have any breathing issues I'd avoid it and if you feel even a bit of such problems cease use immediately. I'd try warm milk or a boring book instead. Best!.