Seattle, WA

what could be causing the sharp pain on the left side of my neck that is not allowing me to turn me head left or right?

Dr. Stephen Southard
Hard to say: As there are many different problems that can cause symptoms like your describe, but based on your age, it most likely is related increased tone/muscle spasm in one of the muscle of the neck. You may consider gentle stretching and a hot pack to the area to see if it helps. But if you developing shooting pains into the arms or weakness of the arms, stop and see your doc.
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Maybe Torticollis?: This condition can have many causes, and sometimes no known cause at all. Some diseases, some medications, some trauma or strain all are possibly causes. And sometimes it just happens. Depending on how much acute pain you are in will determine if you need to be seen promptly

Last updated Jul 28, 2018