My 2 month old baby is a little fussy and keeps sucking on his fist and biting on my shoulder, could it be too early to be teething? he is well fed

Sucking/biting: The newborn is endowed with a tremendous drive to suckle, based on the pleasure sensors in their lips. This helps them learn to feed, after 9 months of nutrition via umbilical cord. The sucking,biting, gnawing behavior of infants is more one of self soothing than hunger or teeth.I'm not convinced teeth have much to do with the symptoms of infants,though they take the blame for a lot.

Last updated Dec 5, 2014