U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old male asked:

I have this feeling sometimes , it's really hard to describe , but it's like there is something running from my upper body downward ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Bodily awareness?: The only phenomenon I can think of that might explain this feeling is blood flow. Arterial blood runs from the heart up to the brain and down your entire body. If you lie quiet and concentrate, you can feel the blood flow. It's rhythmic at about 72 beats a minute, starts at the heart and proceeds downward to your feet. If that's not what it is, I haven't a clue.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 4, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.