I've just been diagnosed with syringohydromyelia and myelomalacia. i have a neurologist + ns that seem baffled about my condition. any advice please?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Certain syringohydromyelia cases require no treatment, but since you have spinal cord abnormalities, it's most important that you are evaluated and advised by a skilled neurosurgeon who has experience with this type of problem.

Answered Dec 4, 2014

3.5k views

Dr. Georgia Latham answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

It must be very frightening to be diagnosed with a condition that is difficult to understand and to feel like the doctors who are treating you are baffled. Learn all that you can about your condition. The knowledge will empower you to make the best decisions for yourself. If you are uncomfortable with your current doctors, consider obtaining a second opinion, and/or finding new doctors.

Answered Dec 4, 2014

3.5k views