Miami, FL

Can gerd cause swelling of salivary glands? i feel a lump when i swallow with on and off ache in my throat which is not getting better."

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Gastroenterology 37 years experience
GERD: GERD can cause a sensation of a lump in the throat, although it is not due to enlarged salivary glands, but is usually a sign that GERD is not under good control. I would discuss with your doctor whether you should have a different medication or at least a change in the dose of your Prilosec. I would be diligent in anti-reflux measures and in avoiding any food which makes your GERD worse.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016