India

I had a hairline fracture in my leg metatarsal 3weeks ago.i have my soccer semis tomorrow.my fracture isn't a 100% healed but i want to play.pl advise?

Dr. James Burns
Emergency Medicine 39 years experience
If the fracture is: not healed and you re-injure, recovery will be delayed and you risk permanent damage to the origninal fracture i=or injury elsewhere by guarding the original fracture placing added stress on other joints. My advice is to sit this one out. There will be other games.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Irving Harper
Soccer?: Because of the area of your body that is injured, your chances of re-injuring the area playing soccer is way to high. Your recovery would be delayed, and you would miss the rest of the season
Dr. Diane Minich
Do not play: if it is not completely healed you may further injue it and delay recovery or months. Do not play till cleared by orthopedic doctor.
Last updated Nov 30, 2014